What is a VPN? A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network across a public network, and enables users to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if their computing devices were directly connected to the private network. Applications running across the VPN may therefore benefit from the functionality, security, and management of the private network. (Thanks to Wikipedia) What does this mean for server owners?
When you IP-ban a player, they can simply turn on a VPN and join the server again. Small image that explais a VPN (Thanks to Wikipedia, again ):
Even Player Analytics is supported. Click here to download it.
- /avpn check <player> - Check if a player is using a VPN. (antivpn.mod)
- /avpn reload - Reload the config (antivpn.mod)
- /avpn purge - Clear the cache. (antivpn.mod)
- antivpn.bypass - Bypass the VPN check
- Stop your server
- Place AntiVPN.jar in your plugins folder.
- Start your server. A config file will be generated.
- Open your config and edit the config to your liking. Be sure to change the "email" to a valid e-mail address. If you don't do this, the database firewall might block your server and you won't be able to use the plugin.
- Save the config and restart the server.
- Make sure you have the latest Player Analytics (Plan) version installed. (3.1.0 and up)
- Done. Everything will connect by itself and will show how many times a player (tried to) join(ed) with a VPN-connection in the plugins section on the web page. [Using /plan inspect <player>]
Most recent config:
- Do NOT change the subdomain in the config.
- You can only check 15 players/minute, 500/day. (Learn more in the "Queries" section.)
- Anti-Down is NOT recommended on big servers.
- You can only check 15 players/minute, 500/day. This is not my limit, the database limits it. When you hit the limit, it will log a message in the console. If you have a bigger server, you can always message the creator of getipintel.net and purchase more queries. After your purchase, you will be supplied with a different subdomain. Change subdomain "check" to the subdomain you got from the developer of getipintel.net.
- This plugin uses bStats to collect data.
What does bStats collect?
- Your server's randomly generated UUID
- - The amount of players on your server
- - The online mode of your server
- - The bukkit version of your server
- - The java version of your system (e.g. Java 8)
- - The name of your OS (e.g. Windows)
- - The version of your OS
- - The architecture of your OS (e.g. amd64)
- - The system cores of your OS (e.g. 8)
- - bStats-supported plugins
- - Plugin version of bStats-supported plugins
- - Amount of players that join with/without VPN.
Resource icon made by Google at flaticons.com.
Icon license: CC 3.0 BY.
Q: When a player joins, it returns a 400 error in console.
A: Your server IP might've been banned from the database.
Make sure you insert a VALID e-mail in the config.
Q: Caching won't work, even when it is enabled.
A: Make sure you have the correct strings and values in your config file.
You can always check the config above if you think you're missing something.
Q: When a player joins, it returns a 429 error.
A: You exceeded the query/minute limit. If you need more queries, you can buy more
by contacting the developer of getipintel.net.
Servers that use this plugin:
- Fuscraft - play.fuscraft.net
- Azurianmines - play.azurianmines.us
Please read the entire page before posting a bad review. I will ignore your review if you didn't contact me first if something isn't working.