Still looking for an unique, fun and breathtaking gamemode, that is not SkyWars, Survival Games or any gamemode that can be played on any server? Then this is your stop.
NOW WITH A LIVE SERVER!
- A fast-paced PvP shooter with guns, bombs and spies.
- Unbelievably fun. Your players will spend months on it.
- Choose from a total of 9 character classes:Spy, Pyro, Soldier, Heavy, Medic, Sniper, Demoman, Scout and Engineer. Each class has its own weapons and abilities.
- Arena rotations. The game never stops, your players never get bored.
- Premium exclusive features, like a shorter respawn wait and a fancy, highlighted name only for your VIPs.
- Ported every detail from the original game. From Übercharge to Rocket Jumps, what you expect on Team Fortress 2 will be what you expect on Mine Fortress.
- Adapts the latest features (world borders, titles) of Minecraft to bring the best experience.
- A custom made resource pack specifically designed for Mine Fortress.
- Use SQL for data storage. Easy to maintain and much faster than YAMLs.
- Full translation support. 280+ modifiable in-game texts!
- Flexible and extendable. A developer API will be implemented soon.
In Mine Fortress, players are divided into two teams: RED and BLU. Players fight each other with one of the following classes:
... and of course, the team with more points wins the game. Below are some in-game screenshots if you are not convinced, yet:
Screenshots in third-person
A Scout performing his double jump.
A Pyro performing his fire dance.
A Pyro killing a Soldier for interrupting the fire dance.
An engineer building a Sentry Gun. Teleporters are implemented, too.
A Spy approaching a Scout. A backstab would insta-kill the poor Scout.
A Sniper aiming at a Heavy. Headshots deal 2x damages.
A Medic healing a Heavy. Teamwork is necessary in Mine Fortress.
When a Medic heals enough players, he can activate Übercharge to become invincible along with his partner for a temporary period.
Screenshots in first-person
A friendly greeting upon joining the game.
A book of statistics.
A nice UI for class selection. One can type /class in game to switch their class.
Burning a Scout from a Pyro's perspective.
Firing a minigun from a Heavy's perspective.
Tracking a Demoman from a Sniper's perspective. (By the way, the "Minecraft is awesome!" text is an announcement. Feel free to set as many as you want in the configuration.)
A headshot. Poor guy!
Approaching an Engineer from a Spy's perspective.
Completing a backstab from a Spy's perspective.
1. Extract the files.
2. Open /plugins/MineFortress/config.yml, and ensure "develop-mode" is set to true.
3. Copy the arena world into your server folder. Open server.properties and set "level-name" to the world name.
4. Start the server. You should see the following messages in the console:
5. Enter the server, and type /wizard new to set up your very first map. A video tutorial is available in case you are not sure what are the parameters for:
6. When you have finished the map wizard, a map data file will be created under /plugins/MineFortress/maps folder. Make sure the file is there, and then stop the server.
7. Open /plugins/MineFortress/maps.yml, and edit the contents to the following (assuming "Harvest" is your map name):
maps: - Harvest
Similarly, if you have another map called "Hightower", append the list:
maps: - Harvest - Hightower
The game will load the arena world and the associated map data by following the orders on the list.
8. Open /plugins/MineFortress/config.yml and set "develop-mode" to false. Modify the configuration to your preference - don't worry, the file is well commented!
9. Open /plugins/MineFortress/database.yml and fill in the parameters of your SQL database.
10. Start the server. Enjoy!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. You are NOT allowed to redistribute the plugin in any form; that means no sharing, no leaks. Respecting authors is respecting yourself. Unauthorized distribution results in a permanent ban of your account on Spigot forums, and your permission of downloading/updating the plugin would be revoked.
2. You are NOT allowed to issue any form of chargeback. A chargeback results in a permanent ban of your account on Spigot forums, and your permission of downloading/updating the plugin would be revoked.
3. You are NOT allowed to decompile the plugin. You are allowed to modify the plugin ONLY when an agreement have been established.
4. Refunds will NOT be accepted.
5. This product is designed for latest version of Spigot, support for forks of Spigot (e.g. PaperSpigot) are NOT provided.
6. The features and the price of this product is subject to change. New features are NOT guaranteed to add upon request.
7. The author reserves the right of final decision.
NOW WITH A LIVE SERVER!
Q: Will there be updates?
A: Of course! New gamemodes, a weapon market and leaderboards are all on their way.
Q: Does Mine Fortress support Bungeecord?
A: Yes, Mine Fortress is specifically designed for servers that relies on a Bungeecord architecture.
Q: Are there any requirements for my server?
A: Your server needs to have Java 8 installed, and latest Spigot running. A SQL server is also required to store player data.
Q: There is a server called MCTF2 with a similar gamemode. How is this plugin unique?
A: MCTF2's implementation of Team Fortress 2 fell short on its over-simplicity: players fight with swords and bows instead of guns and bombs; there are no teleporters or rocket jumps; there are no disguises or sappers; classes are not fully implemented at all. It is basically just another primitive PvP gamemode which claims to be TF2 - and that is also the reason why it is now removed by the network owners.
BossbarLib and ScoreboardLib are used in the process of making this plugin. They are released under GNU LGPL License. Star them if you like them.
If you have any questions, ask them in the thread - after all, posting an error log in the review section wouldn't help anyone
If you like Mine Fortress, consider leaving a like. A review would be also appreciated!