Do not work with Vedrah (scammed $3k/+ server!)

Status
This thread has been locked.

Xeron

Digital Artist
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Hi,

Before I get started I'm just going to say that yes I'm an idiot for not signing a contract before doing a month of work, but whats done is done. This thread serves purely as a warning to anyone who wishes to work with this user. I've been scammed out of plenty of ideas, hours of work (a month), and $2.5k for this month alone. Keep in mind that this is not a scam report, this is a warning to other users - I doubt he could care less if he was banned on MC-Market or not. He has my phone number and he threatened to call the police on me, lucky for me I'm changing provider soon anyway. He also scammed the Developer for $500 and his plugin(s).

User: Vedrah
I have his twitter/facebook/snapchat as well however they won't be released, except in the occasion that he does something similar.

Ok, now to get started: This user contacted me about my investment thread located here for Capital Prison. To speed things up a bit, lets just say he offered a lot of money as both salary and investment towards the server - not only that but he claimed to have various contacts in addition to mine which could greatly help the servers development. The salary he offered to me was $1-5k, where I chose $2.5k (in the middle - and yes, I know it's quite a lot of money but I would be spending a lot of time on this project). My job was initially Staff Management, however it would be developed such that I would also be handling creative side things as well. That means lots of server ideas, minigames etc. (all of which will be posted below - they're pretty good so eat up!). We agreed that I would be paid on the first of each month, starting with the first of January - he even offered to pay both January and Decembers pay in January to make things easier and so we could focus less on money for more time - in addition, we agreed that he would handle all legal aspects of the server, whether that be with me or any outside parties. That means he would be in charge of creating any documents to do with my payment and job; however this obviously takes time, so we agreed that he would pay me 'under the radar' as it were for the first month (no contract in place) - since then, every time I mentioned payment he would ignore my messages but if their was something else in that message that related to the server directly he would reply, so it was clear he wasn't missing them accidentally. On the 28-30th I asked if he could go to the bank and pay earlier since it would take a lot of time for the money to arrive anyway, which he agreed to (we even had a time arranged) yet for some reason he didn't get there in the end. Today, when I reminded him that its pay day tomorrow he suddenly says that he wants a contract in place - I get annoyed and nervous (since it seems like a scam, any excuse he can get he uses) and thus deny working any longer until payment is sent, except for trademark and name issues so we could get a name and a contract signed (although I don't believe you actually need a name for a contract...?). He starts being rude to me so I share some general concerns I have and then I get kicked out. In addition, he deleted all documents he had access to (most of them which I wrote up, not him) as well as copying that information (he admitted to it).

The developer has had the exact same treatment as me - he's releasing a plugin he made for Vedrah on spigot soon.

I don't know too much on this, but he was a while back but only recently introduced to me. He has also been scammed by Vedrah - he was meant to get payment, however at the last moment Vedrah says that he needs a contract and an attorney present. The developer cant pay for this, and thus asked for the attorney's payment to be taken out of his check (makes perfect sense right)? Vedrah tells him to get another job until he can pay for it and refuses to pay until then - he also says he has filed a law suit against him (he has yet to explain for what). The developer has made the Electro Floor plugin, in total working for 54 hours for $13 an hour. That comes to a grand total of $650 + a plugin, which Vedrah has tried to steal.

All links + plugin ideas can be found below (feel free to take the ideas):
Today's chat (where he fires me)
Developers chat
Evolve plugin (this is a copy, Vedrah deleted the old one DOCUMENT)
He has removed the Capital Prison document
There was a really long staff document (5 pages size 10 font)
Farm Defense Minigame:

Basically the maps are all based on farms, and you start of with a certain number of ‘herd’ (not that many, only 9 or so animals). The objective is to keep the animals as live as possible. Mobs will attack in waves, each time getting harder and harder to defeat - the mobs primary objective is to kill all the animals, however if you attack them they will attack you.

There is a point shop somewhere in the spawn area, where you can buy certain perks using ‘points’ you have gained within that match (points can be gained from surviving rounds, killing mobs, having more farm animals at the end of each round, etc.). Points can be used to buy items (diamond sword, armour etc.), bodyguards (a wolf or iron golem for example) which help protect the farm animals, potions, another farm animal (these will be quite expensive, they pretty much act as ‘extra lives’ you could say).

Some donor perks could be ‘point boosters’ (you get 2 x more points for completing the normal actions, etc.).

A better choice of kits to start with.
Maze Runner Minigame:

Main people + General Information

Mazes will be randomly generated each time.

The objective of this minigame is to escape. There are 5-10 people in each game, most of these people’s jobs is to stay at base camp - they are not strictly confined to do this however, it’s just a prefix to help everyone work as a team better. The people that stay at base camp have to protect themselves from “Grievers”, which are just OP Spiders. These spiders attack the base camp every 5-10 minutes (we can decide later, depending on how hard we make the maze - we could have different levels of difficulties as well). At base camp, there is a forest in which the people staying at base camp can take wood from in order to build houses to protect themselves etc. - special buildings can also be constructed from presets that we have made [schematics] which enable the user to craft certain items [potions, weapons, etc.]. There are also a few NPC’s which have to be protected from the Grievers [like the farm defense minigame]. Each ‘round’ the grievers attack, they get harder and harder to defeat - which is why the runners have to do their job as quick as possible.

Runners

The “runners” are the people who are not chosen to stay at base - their objective is to find the escape to the maze as quickly as possible. A VIP perk will be that they start off with ‘so’ many red wool blocks, and when they place them on the ground it replaces the ground beneath them to red wool (so they don’t get lost as easily). There are 4 places where the grievers spawn from, one of them also being the escape - however, grievers can also climb particular walls so players should not directly focus on where a particular griever has come from as that direction might not be where they spawned [and thus the potential escape location]. Once the Runners have found the escape, they have to go back to the main camp and get everyone to escape together. Players can all go together at the beginning of the game however defenders are not well equipped and it will be very dangerous for all involved.

Point system:

You get more points the quicker you do it

You get more points the more NPC’s you escape with

You get more points escaping with more players

You get points for killing Grievers

You get points for staying in your designated zone (e.g. main camp people stay in main camp, but they still have a choice to leave - a bit like fifa).

What you can use points for: Points can be used to upgrade strength, speed etc. and also upgrade to VIP perks (like the wool thing). More will be added soon.

Pictures for more help:

This is around how tall the maze walls will be. You can also see the entrance to the maze from main camp in the picture. This is what the maze looks like from above.

[REMOVED]

Pets plugin (Prison gamemode):

So I was thinking that either everyone starts off with a pet, or you can purchase them (not that expensive to start up, but you still need to work for it). This pet can help you in PvP, as well as that you can buy special pets (even more expensive, they can get very expensive) which grant you straight up bonuses if you are using them at that time (only 1 pet can be active at a time) - for example, + 20% attack damage, + 20% luck [luck will effect how much the ores you sell are worth (they have a base price, but there will also be a 10% leniency that you can +/- depending on your luck, if that makes sense)], + 20% health, or even really special ones such as -10% store price permanently [you can also finds pets in the forests, which we talked about earlier, although they are very rare] - these pets can also be levelled up, and as they level up they do more damage and help you even more when you’re fighting/mining.

IDEA DISCUSSED IN PM: Instead of just being confined to Capital Prison, they can help you in most other game modes as well

Theres “SOMETHING” in the middle of the map. There are x teams. Each time has to go to the middle of the map and collect the SOMETHING and bring it to their base. If they die when they’re holding the SOMETHING it goes straight back to the middle of the map. You can also steal SOMETHING from other bases. The team with the most SOMETHINGS in their base at the end of the time limit (or score limit) wins. We can either have a set amount of SOMETHINGS, or just have it so they indefinitely spawn in. Does that make sense?

For example, the SOMETHING could be a diamond (or even an animal, that would be sweet) and you have to bring it to your base. But people can steal the diamond from your base as well. The team with the most diamonds at the end of the game wins

You run around on the floor in a designated map - every block you step on goes from white > blue > dark blue > red > empty. If you fall on an empty one you die (we didn't discuss this on skype, he simply sent me an IP saying he had been working on this and I visited the server and thats what it was) - I believe this is a copy of a minigame on Hypixel.

If you didn't bother reading the stories and just came for the plugin ideas, go ahead and take them - the Electro Floor plugin is being released soon on spigot anyway. Please do not work with this user under any circumstances, and never do any work of this size without a contract signed prior!

Happy new year,
Platon.

Last edited:
ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

Xeron

Digital Artist
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Update: Farm Defense/Evolve Minigames are also being released soon.

TheNewTao

Java Developer
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
The developer should screw this guy over and release the plugin. I feel really sorry for you, hopefully this guy is dealt with.

Xeron

Digital Artist
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
The developer should screw this guy over and release the plugin. I feel really sorry for you, hopefully this guy is dealt with.
He is releasing most of the plugins. We appreciate your thoughts, sucks that its new years as well! Not going to let this guy get over us though.

JJDAHM

Unregistered Member
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
If you have access to FTP or something, delete everything.

Ivain

Master Terraformer
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
call the police on you? all the more likely they'd show up at his door after finding out you're not doing anything illegal. Unless you make more than the tax treshold and didn't pay any taxes for multiple years.

Xeron

Digital Artist
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
call the police on you? all the more likely they'd show up at his door after finding out you're not doing anything illegal. Unless you make more than the tax treshold and didn't pay any taxes for multiple years.
I haven't got any money, so tax is definitely not an issue[DOUBLEPOST=1451613417,1451613376][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you have access to FTP or something, delete everything.
Way ahead of you buddy :)

Ivain

Master Terraformer
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
well then, more empty threats. None of your activities from what I can see are in the least illegal. In fact, calling the police is a risk in itself for him, since you explaining the situation with the proof in this thread could give him trouble.

Also, while he may not care if he gets banned, please still make a scam report and get him banned, if only to prevent others from having similar trouble (new members that don't read these forums too well)

Sloth

Feed Me
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Just read everything. I wouldn't worry about him. He's all talk but behind his talk there is no logic. He's a simple scammer that will get nowhere in life.

Xeron

Digital Artist
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
You should be the one contacting the police.
I know right.
Just read everything. I wouldn't worry about him. He's all talk but behind his talk there is no logic. He's a simple scammer that will get nowhere in life.
Exactly this - he scammed me and now has hired a 'professional' to track me, in addition he is taking legal action against me and the developer for... well I'm not really sure what - I can't actually think of one thing he has against us. Vedrah

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.