Problems with Advertising Bots

Status
This thread has been locked.

BenM

Owner of ShadowRaze and Paradise Realms!
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Hello!

I was wondering if any of you have also had the server mc.glade.io using bots to Spam Advertise their IP on your server?

I know me and my staff have banned 20+ in the last two days and I wondered if it was more of a personal thing or widespread at the moment?

Any comments will go appreciated and kind of a warning just in case you either thought of joining them or they spam bot you!

Many thanks,

BenM

ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

JustRayz

Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Hello!

I was wondering if any of you have also had the server mc.glade.io using bots to Spam Advertise their IP on your server?

I know me and my staff have banned 20+ in the last two days and I wondered if it was more of a personal thing or widespread at the moment?

Any comments will go appreciated and kind of a warning just in case you either thought of joining them or they spam bot you!

Many thanks,

BenM
No I have seen other servers with this problem, not me personally however it's a known problem. Most likely a custom coded bot since i'm sure if someone had the advertising budget to pay for ALL of this they could buy a nice 3 days of slots...

FTSOwner

Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
No I have seen other servers with this problem, not me personally however it's a known problem. Most likely a custom coded bot since i'm sure if someone had the advertising budget to pay for ALL of this they could buy a nice 3 days of slots...

They probably didn't spent more even a $0.01 on something like this, and maybe just comprise some VPSes/dedicated units to harness their computing power to be able to run these annoying kiddie scripts.

kingleo

https://minecraftindex.net
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
I have had this server spam on a server I am working for at the moment. There is also posts all over that mc.glade.io is spamming on many servers using this format if the default domain does not work:

mc[]glade[]io

I think the only way to fix it would be to use something like chat control and make a reg ex to block out the methods they are using? Quite a laborious process though especially if you have multiple instances of spigot/whatever server jar you use.

kkimmi98

Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
We are having the same problem on server
Probably some spam because there is no server called that i suggest to ip ban every advertiser it will be much easier

FTSOwner

Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
I'm an admin on that server, and to my knowledge nobody associated with the server is doing this. It's likely an attempt to defame the server, but I'm not sure why it's targeting our small survival server. We don't even want a playerbase, the server is intended for a few friends.

It may be they may be trying to get you off "the internet" by trying to make your server be "liable" for the SPAM. When someone does something like this, they are "shooting for the moon" and hoping that with enough SPAM your provider will say "enough your not welcome anymore" and before you know it they would get your server on SPAM related databases..

If your not using a provider (which is likely from the content since it just "a few friends" server) then they are most likely wasting their time doing this.

Nic

Legendary
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
I'm an admin on that server, and to my knowledge nobody associated with the server is doing this. It's likely an attempt to defame the server, but I'm not sure why it's targeting our small survival server. We don't even want a playerbase, the server is intended for a few friends.

It's funny because Glade got ruined by all the people coming on complaining about the advertising.

There are some plugins out there to block words, the messages always contain the same string "mc{dot}glade[]io". We're working with some server owners to get the spam to stop, but it's been 5 or more days now with no avail.

Not to be rude, But I don't believe this for a second. :/

FTSOwner

Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
The server's on OVH, they've already forwarded abuse reports to the owner a few times.

Won't be long before they "shut you down", you will need to hope that your guys are able to fix it up before they decide to do that. Otherwise the spammer(s) will keep on "drilling" at your reputation to hinder/halt your ability from obtaining hosting services.

kingleo

https://minecraftindex.net
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
After doing some reasearch, I can confirm with proof (if requested) that the owner of glade.io IS behind the advertising spam.
He is also posting on a lot of forums stating its "someone trying to taint his server". Again, I can provide proof it is him if needed which says "at least I use bots to advertise".

His name is "color" in game (c6444303-7fa1-411e-af61-1d159ff39434).

He (apparently) also has a botnet and has been ddossing many servers he advertises on as well as their websites, team speak servers and anything relating to it.

He (apparently) has also been doxed by someone.

He (obviously) uses bots for this spam. The most effective way to stop his spam is to use regex on plugins such as pwn filter or bungee chat filter. The only issue is that the bots will change their message once a message is blocked.

For those who know regex, ban and auto kick these:
mc.glade.io
mc glade io
mcDOTgladeDOTio
mc[]glade[]io
mc{}glade{}io
mc{dot}glade{dot}io
mc[]gl ade[]io
mc[].glade.[]io

Any variation of the above (I.E mc[]gladeDOTio)

For those who dont know regex let me know and I can help.

A true asshole this guy is, such a shame that he cant be bothered to work for rewards and has to destroy others hard work.
Further reading: A vast number of forums are also talking about this issue, mc forums, spigot, hackforums and more about his spam.

EDIT: Ironic twist, rules for glade.io include "do not spam" - lel

Last edited:

ProSl3nderMan

Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
After doing some reasearch, I can confirm with proof (if requested) that the owner of glade.io IS behind the advertising spam.
He is also posting on a lot of forums stating its "someone trying to taint his server". Again, I can provide proof it is him if needed which says "at least I use bots to advertise".

His name is "color" in game (c6444303-7fa1-411e-af61-1d159ff39434).

He (apparently) also has a botnet and has been ddossing many servers he advertises on as well as their websites, team speak servers and anything relating to it.

He (apparently) has also been doxed by someone.

He (obviously) uses bots for this spam. The most effective way to stop his spam is to use regex on plugins such as pwn filter or bungee chat filter. The only issue is that the bots will change their message once a message is blocked.

For those who know regex, ban and auto kick these:
mc.glade.io
mc glade io
mcDOTgladeDOTio
mc[]glade[]io
mc{}glade{}io
mc{dot}glade{dot}io
mc[]gl ade[]io
mc[].glade.[]io

Any variation of the above (I.E mc[]gladeDOTio)

For those who dont know regex let me know and I can help.

A true asshole this guy is, such a shame that he cant be bothered to work for rewards and has to destroy others hard work.
Further reading: A vast number of forums are also talking about this issue, mc forums, spigot, hackforums and more about his spam.

EDIT: Ironic twist, rules for glade.io include "do not spam" - lel
"Again, I can provide proof it is him if needed which says "at least I use bots to advertise"." Just cause you see someone saying 'I' does not automatically the server owner of glade is the one behind this. You'd have to be a bad staff member to go off of only this proof hehe. If there is any more proof then this, please post it right away! Cause I'd love to see other proof you go off of.

JJDAHM

Unregistered Member
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Uh, yeah. I found this skid's dox. He claims he sold it to a friend who's using it against him now due to him being fired from the staff team. It sounds like pure bullshit.

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.