Status

Ajdin

Basically irrelevant now
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Hello,

We have decided to post our thoughts and suggestions regarding new additions to MC-Market in our own suggestion section. This way, the community can have it's saying and input aswell.

I realise this isn't a priority right now and that we have other issues to address (scam reports, staff, etc). It's all being worked on and I'm taking this moment to write a quick thread.

When members contact us via PM with issues or questions for example a scam report, a bug, a personal suggestion or simply a question, we cannot reply instantly. Mainly because we are not online 24/7 and we are not always responding to PM's.

We have been getting considerations of adding a ticket system to the website. This would be a system which let's you open a ticket with the concern you're having and when a staff member sees it, he will get back to you using that same system. Why is this better than sending PM's? We can get back to you faster. Instead of waiting for the specific staff member you sent the PM too, you will get a response from the staff member that's doing tickets at the time.

People usually PM a certain staff member and get disappointed that they don't get a fast response, with this we are able to give fast responses. Let me know if you'd use a system like this and if it's worth adding. So far, Pixelexit's Beta Ticket addon got most of our attention.

Please stay on topic with this thread. If you have concerns regarding the recent updates, make a seperate thread or PM us about it.

Thank you.

Type
Suggestion
Status
Denied

Orphan

Meninist
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
I like it. Seems that tickets go well with a MC Marketplace, lots of servers do this and it doesn't go well, but I feel that it'd work out on here.

Mazz

hi
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
You should add a poll as to whether the community would like it implemented :3

Justis

Community Member
Administrator
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
I do think this would be an obvious choice for integration into the website, for all of the reasons you listed.
I mean that's what makes having universal moderators and admins so great.
Every staff member can pick up the slack for every other staff member.
Helps the site's stability.

Though, unless staff transparency issues are resolved as well, this could potentially be a disaster.

I would have never suggested this system in our previous (and as far as I know, our current) situation, regarding the communication between staff members.
If you were on, and active, even if you weren't active, it wasn't hard to notice that staff transparency with the community, and most especially with each other was a huge issue.
The affixes banner was added, and affixes was the only staff member, besides Mick, that knew about it. K3 got on, and he was like "Bro, why is there a banner? Must be a mistake. Don't worry guys, I'll get Mick to fix it".
Merry Christmas, the alt of another user was permitted by Mick, and some staff knew about it, but then buam gets on and bans him.
I PM'd Mick with a shet storm of questions on occasion, and I was told stuff no other staff member would have been able to answer.
And that's why I PM'd Mick.

If this isn't resolved, if staff don't all have access to the same information, there's a high probability that there will be irregularities in what one staff member says, and what another staff member says.
Nobody wants their ticket to be taken by one staff member just to end up needing it to be passed around to someone else...
Or to be told one thing by one person, when another staff member says something different.

This was a problem with the previous system, and it will be a problem with this one unless staff communicate with each other openly.
Communication should be top priority.

This suggestion nails staff communication with the members of this site.
Just make sure it doesn't get bottlenecked with a lack there of, when it comes to each other.

Shattered

old-timer
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
But like...

Why go thru making a ticket and still waiting, when you can make a post in the 'support' category and get a faster response from community members.

Overlord

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
no.

Last I heard, users here weren't customers of a company. A ticket system would be a poor idea here. I mean... If you really want to add stuff, read over my 80 posts and at least 20 of them suggest new things to add that fit.

At best, create a "Help desk" forum which is private and messages are only viewable by staff, but everyone can post in it. I don't believe any additional solution is needed and direct staff interaction should not be necessary for the purposes of contacting a staff member of the site (most interaction with staff through conversations should be either business related or personal, not related to the moderation of the site).

For content related things or moderation, the report system can do the job a majority of the time. So business inquiries (thread sticky upgrades, ad purchases, etc.) should be directed to the appropriate administrator and personal should be directed to the user as if it would be if they aren't staff.

Simple.

rocket0191

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
no.

Last I heard, users here weren't customers of a company. A ticket system would be a poor idea here. I mean... If you really want to add stuff, read over my 80 posts and at least 20 of them suggest new things to add that fit.

At best, create a "Help desk" forum which is private and messages are only viewable by staff, but everyone can post in it. I don't believe any additional solution is needed and direct staff interaction should not be necessary for the purposes of contacting a staff member of the site (most interaction with staff through conversations should be either business related or personal, not related to the moderation of the site).

For content related things or moderation, the report system can do the job a majority of the time. So business inquiries (thread sticky upgrades, ad purchases, etc.) should be directed to the appropriate administrator and personal should be directed to the user as if it would be if they aren't staff.

Simple.
I agree. I like the idea of having a forum and would probably be the best way to implement this, actually. Thanks for the suggestion!

Now here's the question. How do we go about letting members know about it and encouraging it's use? The whole idea of this forum would be to keep support-related things there instead of staff members receiving messages. A couple of ideas I have for doing this are the following:
  1. Making an announcement in the Announcements forum.
  2. Adding a "Support" link in the navigation bar that directs to the support/helpdesk forum.
  3. Staff modifying their auto responses to include a link to the support forum for support-related inquiries.
Does anyone else have any other ideas?

Overlord

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Does anyone else have any other ideas?
Macros to reply to conversations, or better yet, simply ignore them. Most of the time they know where to post, but they don't because they feel like they deserve more priority treatment than everyone that decides to follow procedure.

SickSkillz

Plugin Developer
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Hire support staff And use a livechat software. I really like to get live help. It's easier. And if there is no support staff online give link to support ticket System(xf addon from brivium).

Overlord

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Hire support staff And use a livechat software. I really like to get live help. It's easier. And if there is no support staff online give link to support ticket System(xf addon from brivium).
LOL. Since when does MCM sell things? Live chat to do what? Troll the staff? Support tickets for what? Brivium LOL. Are you Brivium by any chance trying to increase his sales after his ban from XF? Actually, you can't be - you get scammed, Brivium scams others.

That's, by far, the stupidest thing I've heard today. Note I said today, I hear worse over a daily basis.

SickSkillz

Plugin Developer
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
LOL. Since when does MCM sell things? Live chat to do what? Troll the staff? Support tickets for what? Brivium LOL. Are you Brivium by any chance trying to increase his sales after his ban from XF? Actually, you can't be - you get scammed, Brivium scams others.

That's, by far, the stupidest thing I've heard today. Note I said today, I hear worse over a daily basis.
NeXT negative reply from you -,-

Overlord

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
NeXT negative reply from you -,-
Unfortunately, about 75% of my replies are negative towards suggestions.

I can, however, appreciate that when you posted regarding batch updating users, that wasn't actually stupid. So well done!

I agree with some people here. In fact, I think I changed the logic of some people, too. Which is a pretty big achievement. Perhaps yours will change too.

This is a marketplace forum where the forum does not interact with dealings (or well, it does, but ignore that, the system is pretty illogical itself). So what are you going to do on live chat? Ask BeBosny how his day was? Ask what he ate for breakfast? Paying lots of money for a decent live chat system to talk about having tea with biscuits? Sounds great.

Mick

BuiltByBit Owner
Administrator
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
no.

Simple.
That is exactly how the ticket system works. The ticket system is simply just a beautiful way to get users to submit their ticket in a way that makes sense through a field then it is converted into a thread. It also makes an easy way to add a prefix to it by the user to say the priority of the ticket. This would remove the use of private messaging staff for assistance which could be biased and instead it is all staff that handle them, which means they would be done much quicker.

Overlord

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
That is exactly how the ticket system works. The ticket system is simply just a beautiful way to get users to submit their ticket in a way that makes sense through a field then it is converted into a thread. It also makes an easy way to add a prefix to it by the user to say the priority of the ticket. This would remove the use of private messaging staff for assistance which could be biased and instead it is all staff that handle them, which means they would be done much quicker.
I think this part of my post denies any need for this:
Direct staff interaction should not be necessary for the purposes of contacting a staff member of the site (most interaction with staff through conversations should be either business related or personal, not related to the moderation of the site).

There's a reason Google has limited amounts of articles and no way to contact them unless you're a Google Apps for Enterprise customer. They don't expect any other problems.

Here on a forum there is no unique scenarios that a user would need to contact you for you except the select few. I bet it's just the same stupid questions over and over again anyway. Other than paid inquiries for business related purposes, there's no need to contact staff directly. Reporting/troubles, use the reporting/moderation system. Other than that, I don't see specific need to contact staff in an entirely logical forum environment, other than account troubles and other "contact us" type requests.

www.mc-market.org/misc/contact exists ;)

Ajdin

Basically irrelevant now
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
I think this part of my post denies any need for this:

There's a reason Google has limited amounts of articles and no way to contact them unless you're a Google Apps for Enterprise customer. They don't expect any other problems.

Here on a forum there is no unique scenarios that a user would need to contact you for you except the select few. I bet it's just the same stupid questions over and over again anyway. Other than paid inquiries for business related purposes, there's no need to contact staff directly. Reporting/troubles, use the reporting/moderation system. Other than that, I don't see specific need to contact staff in an entirely logical forum environment, other than account troubles and other "contact us" type requests.

www.mc-market.org/misc/contact exists ;)

You'd be surprised.
8w7g.png
Bottom one is from 3 hours ago.

This is more for staff than anything else. It would make our jobs a lot easier.

Overlord

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
You'd be surprised.
8w7g.png
Bottom one is from 3 hours ago.

This is more for staff than anything else. It would make our jobs a lot easier.
Oh no, it's not that I don't expect you get these requests. On the contrary, I expect you get lots of them. That interaction *isn't* needed. My Mac is on night mode so I can't see them colours as clearly but:
  1. The suggestions forum exists for a reason
  2. No title, probably a stupid question
  3. The suggestions forum exists for a reason
  4. Looks to me like a stupid suggestion to your own policy, but I can't be sure from a title
  5. Depends what it is
  6. Legitimate inquiry. Add a change username add-on for premiums with cooldowns (it'll track them better). They do the job themselves, have cooldowns, don't contact you (or don't have need to)
  7. Well, legitimate query
  8. Hello, to you too!
  9. You have been helped. (this is probably a stupid question)
  10. No visible title
  11. Sounds great. Let's go 50/50 on my new looking after cats projects, partner (stupid question, probably)
  12. hi
  13. Sure.
You get the point. Most of them look stupid without even seeing the post body. Actually, however, there are more legitimate ones than I anticipated. An entire 3-5!

The necessary systems are in place. XF's contact form could be used to deal with these inquiries from a shared mailbox. Email tagging is a thing. You never responded to inquiries through that, though, apparently. You can also get it to post a thread in a section. So you could have a Contact Us Reports forum, visible to admins only, deal with inquiries that way if you can't have an email address for whatever reason (wouldn't really be much of a logical reason, not hard for such a profitable forum to make an email, preferably under mc-market.org's domain).

Ajdin

Basically irrelevant now
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
I know. Most of these PM's are quite unnecessary however I have to respond to them. I cannot just ignore them like that.

I see where you're coming from though.

Overlord

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
I know. Most of these PM's are quite unnecessary however I have to respond to them. I cannot just ignore them like that.

I see where you're coming from though.
Of course not. Set your privacy settings to followers only, after making a proper way for people to contact you. You removed the contact form, there's not really any section for such requests and stupidity to be contained within... So that leaves people to contact you. Just gotta give them a place to vent their life's troubles (or questions, whatever word you prefer to use).

Status