2 step verification required?

Status
This thread has been locked.

Reversi

Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
I had no problem just logging into mcm like everyday, then today they're like, nope get your two-step verification on.

Anyone else have this problem or is this only me?

ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

nick

backend dev
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
I had it but its not that hard to do xd

Skionz

ogminecraft.com
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Just put 2 step verification on? Easy enough?
It is a pain in the ass. Personally, I'm a little angry that I have to pay for the foolish mistakes a few members made.

Fire

Always DM me here before dealing via Discord.
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Just a matter of not been an idiot. Use diffrent passwords, dont use easy to guess ones, and if someone sends you some EXE file, you dont run it.

Decision

#YunoGang | Accounting Major
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
I think we should get an option to use the feature if we want or not but that's just me

dankmemes

https://d.ankmem.es/
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Yeah, I had to turn it on today no big issue tho better it's on anyways.

lAkjtzAZ0

Deactivated
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
I don't get why people are complaining they're being helped. The people saying "we pay for their mistakes", you're those people. Without 2fac, more and more people are gonna get hacked, more users lose their accounts and money, the staff has more work to do. Why do you want that? Just use it, it's fucking simple to use and has no downsides to it. I'd rather spend 15 seconds every 30 days to type in a 6 digit code to ensure my account is protected.

Skionz

ogminecraft.com
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
I'd rather spend 15 seconds every 30 days to type in a 6 digit code to ensure my account is protected.
And I'd rather not. This argument has two sides, people who want it enabled, and people who don't. So why not just give us the option to enable it instead of forcing us to use it?

Cafe

Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
I dont want to have that hassle in my life. just dont make your password 123456789. its my password

lAkjtzAZ0

Deactivated
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
And I'd rather not. This argument has two sides, people who want it enabled, and people who don't. So why not just give us the option to enable it instead of forcing us to use it?
because the people who choose not to enable it are the people who will get hacked, and have gotten hacked. More accounts being hacked = more pissed off people = more work for staff = more money lost from chargebacks = more alting = more work for everyone involved.

Reversi

Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Just put 2 step verification on? Easy enough?
because the people who choose not to enable it are the people who will get hacked, and have gotten hacked. More accounts being hacked = more pissed off people = more work for staff = more money lost from chargebacks = more alting = more work for everyone involved.

It's really a pain. Does xenforo have an option where you can only use emails and not usernames to log on? if thats the case mcm can just use that to have people log in since the "hacker" would require a email and password not just a password. Since I'm am almost 99% sure these "hackers" are kids using a bunch of usernames and testing the password 1234567890 on them.

Honestly, I NEVER use email. I create an email, use it when signing up, confirming shit, etc, but never use it for anything else. So logging into my email = 30 minutes of wondering what the fuck my password is.

Fire

Always DM me here before dealing via Discord.
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
People with some sense dont get hacked, they are all skids hacking MCM accounts. A good password, and not running executables that people send you, is more than enough protection.

lAkjtzAZ0

Deactivated
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
People with some sense dont get hacked, they are all skids hacking MCM accounts. A good password, and not running executables that people send you, is more than enough protection.
It's really a pain. Does xenforo have an option where you can only use emails and not usernames to log on? if thats the case mcm can just use that to have people log in since the "hacker" would require a email and password not just a password. Since I'm am almost 99% sure these "hackers" are kids using a bunch of usernames and testing the password 1234567890 on them.

Honestly, I NEVER use email. I create an email, use it when signing up, confirming shit, etc, but never use it for anything else. So logging into my email = 30 minutes of wondering what the fuck my password is.

Some of these high rep kids had "common sense" until they got hacked. How is it a pain Reversi? It took me about 1 minute max to download the app, link everything, and enter the code I needed to enter. I don't have to do that for another 29 days. If that's too much trouble for you then you're gonna struggle in the real world

lol

Wow!
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Staff are such assholes for ensuring that your account is protected.

Skionz

ogminecraft.com
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Some of these high rep kids had "common sense" until they got hacked. How is it a pain Reversi? It took me about 1 minute max to download the app, link everything, and enter the code I needed to enter. I don't have to do that for another 29 days. If that's too much trouble for you then you're gonna struggle in the real world
It may have taken you 1 minute, but that doesn't mean everyone can do it that quickly.

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.