Can I join the millitary (Medical Condition)

Status
This thread has been locked.

AdamEdits

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Hey, I have this condition called Uveitis, and it's an autoimmune disease which is a malfunction in the immune system, however it's clearing up slowly and I'm probably going to get off the medicine next year. However, I want to join the millitary, either army, Navy, Or Marines.

With this "past" medical condition, can I be disqualified? It's gonna really suck if i cant, i've been thinking about this decision for maybe over a year.

Thank you

ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

Twooze

VoidBox LLC
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
If you are actively suffering from Uveitis you are considered "4F" (Unfit to serve - List of disqualifying conditions). Since Uveitis is an eye condition it would be very rare if they let you join up. The only way you can truly find out if you can join the service after you think your condition has gone away is to head to your local recruitment center for a medical exam. I'm sure if you reach out to your local recruiter you can get more information than you can find from anyone on this website. I'd like to also take a minute to sincerely appreciate your desire to join the military and protect our country, props to you.

LamerGamerYT

Discord Bots - Discord Setups
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Hey, seeing someone trying to join their country's military shows a true sense of patriotism. I feel that since it is curing, you have a equals amount of chance to join the military compared to any other candidate. You have my best wishes and a true salute to you my friend.

AdamEdits

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
If you are actively suffering from Uveitis you are considered "4F" (Unfit to serve - List of disqualifying conditions). Since Uveitis is an eye condition it would be very rare if they let you join up. The only way you can truly find out if you can join the service after you think your condition has gone away is to head to your local recruitment center for a medical exam. I'm sure if you reach out to your local recruiter you can get more information than you can find from anyone on this website. I'd like to also take a minute to sincerely appreciate your desire to join the military and protect our country, props to you.
i have 20x20 vision. so far there's no inflammation after 6 months, which is good. My doctor recommends another 6 months to make sure the sickness has passed. the good thing with this is that it passes and it goes, and it usually never comes back unless it was mistreated.

Last edited:

Twooze

VoidBox LLC
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
i have 20x20 vision. so far there's no inflammation after 6 months, which is good. My doctor recommends another 6 months to make sure the sickness has passed. the good thing with this is that it passes and it goes, and it usually never comes back unless it was mistreated.
Right, so your best bet is to be officially examined by a military recruiting office.

Twooze

VoidBox LLC
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
What are the perks of joining the army?
Lots of people join the military for different reasons. Some do it for patriotism, some do it because they can't quite afford college without it, some do it out of respect and family tradition, and others do it for personal beliefs. Either way, it's an honorable career.

roy

I just exist
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Appreciate your desire to serve, especially trying to serve even though you have(had) a medical condition that disqualifies you, most people would just say oh well and not try.

Though, as long as you have no current medical issues (such as complications from your medication, slight loss of vision, hearing, balance, or anything of that nature) you should pass through the MEPS medical screening easily. Just MAKE SURE your recruiter files your medical history correctly and you file your medical history correctly when you get to MEPS. Your recruiter will ask you questions and submit it with your paperwork and you will have to personally fill out the same exact questions when you get there and if anything is even slightly off, they will turn you back and you will have to refile your paperwork. A friend of mine played football in high school and suffered a concussion, his recruiter didn't file it because it wasn't very important but he put it down when he got there and they turned him away because the information didn't match. The doctors at MEPS are there to find reasons to kick you out, I know it sounds bad but it is true.

If you want more information just shoot me a PM, I'm not in the military but I did go through most of the process, got turned away at MEPS for reasons I won't disclose publicly, but most of my family served so I know quite a bit.
Good luck!

AdamEdits

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Appreciate your desire to serve, especially trying to serve even though you have(had) a medical condition that disqualifies you, most people would just say oh well and not try.

Though, as long as you have no current medical issues (such as complications from your medication, slight loss of vision, hearing, balance, or anything of that nature) you should pass through the MEPS medical screening easily. Just MAKE SURE your recruiter files your medical history correctly and you file your medical history correctly when you get to MEPS. Your recruiter will ask you questions and submit it with your paperwork and you will have to personally fill out the same exact questions when you get there and if anything is even slightly off, they will turn you back and you will have to refile your paperwork. A friend of mine played football in high school and suffered a concussion, his recruiter didn't file it because it wasn't very important but he put it down when he got there and they turned him away because the information didn't match. The doctors at MEPS are there to find reasons to kick you out, I know it sounds bad but it is true.

If you want more information just shoot me a PM, I'm not in the military but I did go through most of the process, got turned away at MEPS for reasons I won't disclose publicly, but most of my family served so I know quite a bit.
Good luck!
One thing is that one time they misdiagnosed me with Asthma once, I have to get that cleared. I just remembered

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.