Experienced Owner/Manager wanted | Town of Salem | MC Server

Status
This thread has been locked.

TheRealDan

Software Developer
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
So I am wanting to start up a Town of Salem themed server, most of the work needed would most likely go into custom development for the mechanics we need to achieve this, however I am more than capable of handling that myself.

What I need is for someone experienced to help me, ideally that person would not only have had previous experience with successful servers but know how to setup and manage one. Obviously that person should also have at least some knowledge of Town of Salem and be passionate about a project like this.

Payment is by no means off the table, I have had some experience and can I'll do the server management alongside development if I have to, but I would prefer not to. If I find someone suitable for my needs then I am more than happy to negotiable payment if required.

ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

dawn

Visit my website @ www.dawnie.ml
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Good luck with the project! Sounds very cool.

TheRealDan

Software Developer
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Do you plan on using custom models, animations, etc. similar to what Hypixel does?
P.S. I'm obsessed with Town of Salem
Good idea, how did I miss this stuff?

Animations? I'm new to that.. enlighten me, hows that done? unless its something achieved through a resource pack?

Most likely won't focus on things like that till after the main mechanics are done, and probably going to get the server launched first, since I have no idea whether this idea will take of, since the whole minecraft community may not be familiar with Town of Salem, or keen to play it - although a lynch animation is a must have.

TheRealDan

Software Developer
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
The death animations can be done with armor stands, and the custom models can be done with a resource pack. I'd do it but I have no idea how to code. If you'd like I can attempt to do the models though. Not for free, of course. wink wink
Makes perfect sense - I can make the armor stands do what they need to do code wise.

Do you think I will need any models for the lynching animation? If so then I would love to hire you, although it won't be for another week or so since I haven't even started on the plugin ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1472339424][/DOUBLEPOST]
HMU Advertising Manager To Get Your Server Lit Af http://www.mc-market.org/threads/130131/
Will definitely be looking at getting some advertising, however it won't be for a while since we will want everything working before we attract a lot of attention. :)

Last edited:

TheRealDan

Software Developer
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
A guillotine, a shark pool, etc. And if I can figure it out, I can also animate them, or we could have different pieces of the guillotine be armor stands, so for example when the blade falls that could be an armor stand with a blade on it falling.
I meant models purely for the standard lynch :p

EDIT: Not that I wouldn't add more in the future, although I am keen to go custom with the cosmetics, rather than copying what Town of Salem currently has

Awex

Premium
Reactions
Resources
Love the idea really want to help you out. I know how to do java programming but not in minecraft envirement. I can help out with building. I can help with "some" of the art and I can help you if you need any small skripts done. I am obsessed with town of salem and want to see this done in minecraft. Can I join you in the development?

Last edited:

TheRealDan

Software Developer
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Love the idea really want to help you out. I know howto do java programming but not in minecraft envirement. I can help out with building "some" of the art and I can help you if you need any small skripts done. I am obsessed with town of salem and want to see this done in minecraft. Can I join you in the development?
Thanks, all the programming will be within Minecraft, however I am more than happy/capable of doing that myself - I don't plan on starting development till the end of the month, and server won't be up till that nears completion, however your more than welcome to join and see what you can help with if you want to then. :)

Awex

Premium
Reactions
Resources
Thanks, all the programming will be within Minecraft, however I am more than happy/capable of doing that myself - I don't plan on starting development till the end of the month, and server won't be up till that nears completion, however your more than welcome to join and see what you can help with if you want to then. :)
I can make some maps on my own server or singleplayer. Then you can use it on your server when it is ready. Is that ok?

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.