Samuel

The most serious person ever.
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Let's open this bad boy back up!

Linux Systems Administration, Cisco, Huawei and Vyatta-based Networking
Additionally (Legitimately) Smart Hands in London, UK.

Why me?
  • 9 (almost 10!) years of experience with Linux
  • Experience in operating various hosting services
  • Network Engineer @ Internet Service Provider
  • Well-versed in most essentials in virtualisation, security and applications
  • Capable of producing rock-solid results able to withstand outages (I know redundancy)
  • Familiar with Windows Server
  • Cisco Certified
Why not others?
  • Most are new to systems administration
  • Most of them spend their time setting up control panels
  • Most of them don't know anything technical about what they're doing
  • Most of them don't have a clue about security
Why others?
  • They're cheap, much like the results they produce
  • They'll ask less questions for big projects
  • A limited selection of them do know what they're doing
What do I charge?
My standard rate is £40/hour, billed in 30 minute increments.

For any Smart Hands in London, UK - I charge £60/hour where travel time is included in the bill. If it takes me an hour to get somewhere, you'll be paying for a minimum of 2 hours (there and back).

Smart Hands Services
  • Racking & Stacking
  • Hardware Replacement (CPU, memory, etc.)
  • Drive Swaps
  • OS Installation
  • Network Cabling (fibre and copper)
Time from data centres: Telehouse - 1hr, Equinix LD8 - 1hr20min

Payment Methods
  • PayPal
  • Credit/Debit Card

Vouch, bloody genious and gets work done very fast c:

Vouch!
After searching for ages, Samuel was the only guy I could find that could actually fix my FTP problems.
He also taught me a thing or two about Linux. :)

Helped us with security issues aswell as reinstalling the SSL, huge vouch for speed and kindness!

Vouch! He did a great job completing the requested services in a timely and efficient manner. He was always on top of responding to my messages and didn't leave me hanging. Definitely would recommend to others :)

Vouch, Samuel did an excellent job getting my mail server fixed. Wouldn't hesitate to order from he again!

Very Bad (Meaning Good) Un-Talented (Extremely Talented) Vouch Fellow Peasant;)
-Jack

vouch! A solid 10/10 on knowledge base. <3

I came to Samuel requiring what originally seemed like a basic daemon patch. It turned into a complete nightmare when my hosting company didn't follow my instructions to install and format a new SSD and instead reformatted my old SSD, destroying every current save and backup I ever had for my network.

Whilst most individuals would ditch a client at this point with a "not my problem" and run, Samuel sat through several nights with me as I looked to rebuild what had been destroyed. We relayed new hosts off each other as Samuel looked to get the best hosting package for me, he then reinstalled and setup an entirely new dedicated server with a new host and offered to take some of the load off my hands with plugin configuration.

All in all, a top bloke - I'd definitely recommend him for those who enjoy working with someone that cares for others rather than working with someone that's only in it for a quick buck.

Vouch! Helped me recover my server and get it back online in a timely and professional manner!

Vouch! Fixed my broken server in a timely banner, easy to get along with etc answering my questions all the way.

Samuel sure knows what he's doing, I would hire him again if I needed to. The work was done fast and he issued many updates throughout the process. :tup:

vouch for this guy, very professional and does great work would recommend!

Vouch, highly skilled and great to work with. Helped fixed my MariaDB installation.

Woah those price increased! Vouch for Samuel, great guy and extremely professional worker.

Best guy for the job. Vouch.

Big vouch for Samuel , he made a really high quality backup script for us and everything went smooth.

Last edited:

Shattered

old-timer
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Vouch!
After searching for ages, Samuel was the only guy I could find that could actually fix my FTP problems.
He also taught me a thing or two about Linux. :)

Davyy

MC-Market Addict
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Helped us with security issues aswell as reinstalling the SSL, huge vouch for speed and kindness!

Binx_Lucky

Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Vouch! He did a great job completing the requested services in a timely and efficient manner. He was always on top of responding to my messages and didn't leave me hanging. Definitely would recommend to others :)

Nrevi

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Vouch, Samuel did an excellent job on fixing my pufferpanel. The task was done quick and efficiently.

LittleJack

CEO of JcP | Designs Web-Developer
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Very Bad (Meaning Good) Un-Talented (Extremely Talented) Vouch Fellow Peasant;)
-Jack

HMenry

Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
I came to Samuel requiring what originally seemed like a basic daemon patch. It turned into a complete nightmare when my hosting company didn't follow my instructions to install and format a new SSD and instead reformatted my old SSD, destroying every current save and backup I ever had for my network.

Whilst most individuals would ditch a client at this point with a "not my problem" and run, Samuel sat through several nights with me as I looked to rebuild what had been destroyed. We relayed new hosts off each other as Samuel looked to get the best hosting package for me, he then reinstalled and setup an entirely new dedicated server with a new host and offered to take some of the load off my hands with plugin configuration.

All in all, a top bloke - I'd definitely recommend him for those who enjoy working with someone that cares for others rather than working with someone that's only in it for a quick buck.

Samuel

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
I have dropped support for LAMP installations. Apache web server will no longer be supported (installed, configured, maintained) by myself. Any future customers will be encouraged to switch to NGINX.

Cultivate

play.cultivatemc.com
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Vouch! Helped me recover my server and get it back online in a timely and professional manner!

Chearful

thomas.gg
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Vouch! Fixed my broken server in a timely manner, easy to get along with etc answering my questions all the way.

Last edited:

Grixk

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Samuel sure knows what he's doing, I would hire him again if I needed to. The work was done fast and he issued many updates throughout the process. :tup:

sociai

just a hypebeast.
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
vouch for this guy, very professional and does great work would recommend!

Fire

Always DM me here before dealing via Discord.
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Vouch, highly skilled and great to work with. Helped fixed my MariaDB installation.

Samuel

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Not taking on anymore work for a while.

Status
This thread has been locked.