Status
This thread has been locked.

InMud7

Right where I'm supposed to be ;)
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Hello everyone! I'm using a custom plugin I hired a developer to make a long time ago and I've had about 4 developers I think work on it since to fix various bugs. However, recently our server determined to remove it because bugs keep popping up despite our continued effort to eliminate them.

The plugin allows storing large amounts of items into a custom storage block. The items are stored in a flatfile hash map. Here's an example:

What I need someone to do is create a command called "/is withdraw" which removes 1 full inventory of items from the custom storage to the player's inventory. This will allow players to withdraw all of their items significantly quicker than if they were to do it the normal way. Side Notes:
- If they can't fit an inv worth of items into their inv, it put as many items in their inventory as they can fit.
- Of course, it should update the custom storage's contents so the plugin knows items were withdrawn from it.
- Up until now, players could deposit/withdraw items in the GUI in sizes of 1, 16, 64, 576 I believe.
- If you're interested, directly msg me and provide your portfolio and send me "*carrot.*" to prove you actually read my entire post. If you don't, your post will probably be ignored. Paying attention to detail is an important part of being a developer.
- If the user doesn't have a custom storage block or it is empty then they will be told so in chat.

Not sure if you can read the developer's code? Here are some example files from the src:
-
-

Only contact me if you are confident you can do this and agree to my payment terms.

Payment:
- $15 USD AFTER you have completed it and allowed me to test it on my test server.
- Payment will be via Paypal F&F.

Time Frame:
- 3 Days

ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

X1XX

Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Time frame is good. Generally, a developer would allow you to test it on their test server then you pay, and then they send you the plugin or you pay first then they develop. You also only have 6 rep which probably also further pushes people away from going first, especially for this project where the developer would have to figure out what the code does possibly.
May want to increase your budget for the following reasons (Not to be mean to the previous developers) 1. No documentation, 2. Random commented out code?, 3. May or may not be spaghetti code in other places. It's relatively clean in the samples, but because of having two different developers it could become a spaghetti train wreck in other places or even one of your developers is a pasta chef and makes spaghetti regularly.

InMud7

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Time frame is good. Generally, a developer would allow you to test it on their test server then you pay, and then they send you the plugin or you pay first then they develop. You also only have 6 rep which probably also further pushes people away from going first, especially for this project where the developer would have to figure out what the code does possibly.
May want to increase your budget for the following reasons (Not to be mean to the previous developers) 1. No documentation, 2. Random commented out code?, 3. May or may not be spaghetti code in other places. It's relatively clean in the samples, but because of having two different developers it could become a spaghetti train wreck in other places or even one of your developers is a pasta chef and makes spaghetti regularly.
Hello. Thanks for the suggestions. However, I'm aware of how things "generally" occur and I'm purposely not doing them that way based off past experiences + I need to view server files I would think to correctly test this. Plus I want to make sure there are no console errors from their code.

Additionally, I'm totally okay with people not willing to deal with me due to my rep, as plenty of people still are. Plus 6 rep imo isn't that bad. You have 1, for example. And I've honestly had just as many good devs (if not more) with 0 rep than I've had with 10+.

I'm on a budget, hence why I am doing current price.

Also, there is documentation, if you mean things like how the plugin works, what the plugin permissions & commands are, etc. I just didn't make that stuff public in the post, but provided it to the dev who contacted me. I'm aware that it's potentially messy, as several devs have told me that. :p Hence why I provided code for people to read and see if they can work with it or not.

Regardless, I appreciate your suggestions. :) Thanks!

X1XX

Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Hello. Thanks for the suggestions. However, I'm aware of how things "generally" occur and I'm purposely not doing them that way based off past experiences + I need to view server files I would think to correctly test this. Plus I want to make sure there are no console errors from their code.

Additionally, I'm totally okay with people not willing to deal with me due to my rep, as plenty of people still are. Plus 6 rep imo isn't that bad. You have 1, for example. And I've honestly had just as many good devs (if not more) with 0 rep than I've had with 10+.

I'm on a budget, hence why I am doing current price.

Also, there is documentation, if you mean things like how the plugin works, what the plugin permissions & commands are, etc. I just didn't make that stuff public in the post, but provided it to the dev who contacted me. I'm aware that it's potentially messy, as several devs have told me that. :p Hence why I provided code for people to read and see if they can work with it or not.

Regardless, I appreciate your suggestions. :) Thanks!
No, documentation is not that (or it is, but not the type we’re looking for). Documentation is what the developer should have put in the code while making it e.g. while making the code it should have // This does this or /** Method does this Param x return c **/ I’m on mobile so sorry for formatting issues, but from your samples I can see no documentation thus why you may want to increase your budget. Edit: sorry for the users who I somehow just randomly tagged. I’m somewhat new to the market forums.

Last edited:

InMud7

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
No, documentation is not that (or it is, but not the type we’re looking for). Documentation is what the developer should have put in the code while making it e.g. while making the code it should have // This does this or /** Method does this Param x return c **/ I’m on mobile so sorry for formatting issues, but from your samples I can see no documentation thus why you may want to increase your budget. Edit: sorry for the users who I somehow just randomly tagged. I’m somewhat new to the market forums.
Ah okay, thanks for the explanation. :)

Lol, for randomly tagging people. :p

Status
This thread has been locked.