MC-Market is now BuiltByBit. Read more

• We're giving away $35,000 of prizes! Invite 2 friends to our Discord for free Premium! Learn more

lamehosting.com | Premium Minecraft Hosting | $2/GB | US Servers

Status
This thread has been locked.
ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

Dylan

You can't say pop and forget the smoke
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
What makes this different then every other host that says they are different.

lamehosting

Premium
Reactions
Resources
What makes this different then every other host that says they are different.
We use top of the line servers based in the US with enterprise-grade SSD storage while providing affordable prices.

Last edited:

HeyItsSkay

Supreme
Reactions
Resources
How is it "premium" when you use Xeons running at 3.7 GHz? A proper premium host would be running some sort of high GHz per core processor rather than processors with high core counts.

Edit: I don't mean to trash your company, however, I do ask a valid question.

Last edited:

jonaasmith

Reactions
Resources
How is it "premium" when you use Xeons running at 3.7 GHz? A proper premium host would be running some sort of high GHz per core processor rather than processors with high core counts.

Edit: I don't mean to trash your company, however, I do ask a valid question.
The processors we use have a very good single thread performance which is what's most necessary for Minecraft hosting as it's mainly single threaded.

HeyItsSkay

Supreme
Reactions
Resources
The processors we use have a very good single thread performance which is what's most necessary for Minecraft hosting as it's mainly single threaded.

I'll take your word for it, I'm basing my thought on desktop hardware as I don't know all the ins and outs of server CPUs. Personally I run a i7-8086k (8700k just special edition) at 4.5ghz all the time with an OC so I guess I'm giving myself an unfair advantage.

jonaasmith

Reactions
Resources
I'll take your word for it, I'm basing my thought on desktop hardware as I don't know all the ins and outs of server CPUs. Personally I run a i7-8086k (8700k just special edition) at 4.5ghz all the time with an OC so I guess I'm giving myself an unfair advantage.
There are very few server CPU's that can be overclocked and also the servers need to run 24/7 with hard workloads. Server CPU's and consumer CPU's are rated very differently.

jayt387

Premium
Reactions
Resources
I will say, recently Minecraft has been more going more towards the route of Multi-threaded, then single-threaded as of late.

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.