Status
This thread has been locked.

InternetThing

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Hello, I am currently looking to code in java!
I have no idea how to code though, I am beginner and been thinking about starting this for a long time already.
I do not know anything in coding, That's probably the fun in it.
I would like you to give me very simple things to code (minecraft plugins) and I will try to do it. Heard the best way to learn something is to try it out your self isn't it?

If you could also send me an tutorial to do the thing you have request that would help,
Thank you!

If you would like to teach me beginner stuff feel free to dm me on discord (Free though)
MyBadDay - YT#5221

ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

Scifi

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
a few things that helped me, Never ever read books /take free online courses now I know for a fact some self proclaimed expert java dev is gonna jump me for it but its true, all they do is spoon feed you code to use on top of that chances are their not even for a relevant java version some books I've seen in local libraries are java 5 - 7 and not even 8+ as for courses they simply just don't give you what you need to learn. Java Documents are the best place to hit for learning java due to it showing you what each method does and gives a description. Another good thing is have friends that know how to code to help you, for me it'd be NV6 Cole FigT they've helped me since the very beginning and its been amazing, anyways best of luck.

NV6

the opensource person(?)
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
a few things that helped me, Never ever read books /take free online courses now I know for a fact some self proclaimed expert java dev is gonna jump me for it but its true, all they do is spoon feed you code to use on top of that chances are their not even for a relevant java version some books I've seen in local libraries are java 5 - 7 and not even 8+ as for courses they simply just don't give you what you need to learn. Java Documents are the best place to hit for learning java due to it showing you what each method does and gives a description. Another good thing is have friends that know how to code to help you, for me it'd be NV6 Cole FigT they've helped me since the very beginning and its been amazing, anyways best of luck.
what is java

Scifi

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources

FigT

Java Developer
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources

BOOP

Ops Director, Blinkoh
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources

Scifi

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources

Ties

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
big vouch for scifi

Markings

Minecraft Plugin & React Web Developer
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
I would suggest taking a look at the 7th edition of the "Java for Dummies" book written by Barry Burd. It's an excellent start for people who are looking to start out with Java, and he does an absolutely amazing job at explaining everything. After that, I would take a look at some plugins on GitHub, and do some small forks before getting into some more advanced plugins, or, if you have the money, take a look at MineAcademy.

Last edited:

InternetThing

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Coded my first plugin :eek:
Like essentials gamemodes: gamemode , creative , survival , spectator :D

Feel free to give me simple but challenges to code for me to practice!

Jdsgames

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
anyone xD?
Although I have taken a few courses myself, I have tutored java part-time at the local community college. I have given several students this playlist to review to help them understand simple concepts and move forward.

However, these videos or a course will not give you enough instruction to understand java entirely. As you start understanding how java works in these basic tutorials, you will need to be able to adapt and optimize your code through the experience of creating your programs without spoon-fed code.

Kind Regards,
Jdsgames

Status
This thread has been locked.