This thread has been locked.

Gavin

GavinDuxbury.org
Banned
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Hello,
My name is Gavin, and I have been a marketer for several years now, and I have taken on some HUGE projects.
MC-Market is a site I have always seen as a success, but lately all reports are slow, the staff team isn't fit for this, and overall the way they go about everything on this market is kind of bad.
BY NO MEANS am I saying the staff team is bad, its just there is so many requests, and such a small team.
I know many people say this market doesn't have enough users eligible to be apart of the staff team, but that just isn't right because I see many great members on here.

How I see this should go?
I say there should be enough staff so all logs can be done in 24 hours time.
I also say there should be more then one administrator, so Mick can have breaks, but a higher authority can always be on.

Marketing plans?
How I see marketing fit is to make a large plan, and start hiring Youtubers to record, and partner with this project.
This means Youtubers of ALL kinds to join this market, and record stating to join if they want to make business deals, and be apart of a large community.

Referral Event?
I believe there should also be a referral event which is one of the most genius ways of marketing, which is having a referral event for 1 month, and the user with most members brought onto the site, gets a certain reward.

Why this market is slowly "dying" ?
I put "dying" in quotes because it isn't really dying, its just slowing down.
The market right now, is linked towards Minecraft.
Even though we don't like to see it, Minecraft is in the name, and mostly all of it has to do with some sort of Minecraft genre.
If many haven't seen MC is dying, yes a bit slowly, but definitely surely.
Solution?
I believe they should re-market this entire website, with a new domain, logo, and overall brand. Why I say this, is because then you can appeal to a broader audience, as well as a broader YOUTUBE/SOCIAL MEDIA audience.

Why do I care, and why should you?
Why I care is because this is where I started my business, of course I started slowly drifting away from this market, but if the genre got broader, I could see myself handling all deals via this site.
You should care, because NEW members can come here and have a place to learn business ,and become bigger, as well as the original bigger users can start actual deals, and maybe even get further in there life FROM this market.
This market could/should be a name that can be remembered, and known as a website that can help you towards your business/selling dreams.

GOOD POINTS BY THE COMMUNITY :
bleed - No rewards or motives for posting / 4 month track record of scam reports..

Let me know your thoughts below,
Gavin. <3

Last edited:
Banned forever. Reason: Ban evading (GavinDuxbury, https://www.mc-market.org/members/44672/)
ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

Gavin

GavinDuxbury.org
Banned
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
tbh mc-m just seems slower than other forums because there are no rewards that are earned by posting, speaking logistics there are the most replies per thread here of quality than any other forum marketplace. I don't necessarily agree with any of your points however I do think more staff are needed. While Scam reports have been getting more action it is still disgusting that they are nearly 4 months behind now.

I do think new members will bring more buisness which will help everyone out
Agreed, added that point to the post.

Banned forever. Reason: Ban evading (GavinDuxbury, https://www.mc-market.org/members/44672/)

pet

Jahn is MY DADDY :)
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
I think that MC-M should compete more, against the competitor sites. They're pushing out updates & badges and tasks you can do etc. while mcm remains untouched, which Is mainly why I think "It's slowing down" If we could get some more badges, a bigger staff team or maybe just more entertainment and members that would be awesome. I don't think that they need a whole design remake, maybe just minor edits....

All in all I think we should be competing against the competitor sites, cause they're knda just taking over slowly, which is why mcm is dying "slowly"

If this keeps going on you might aswell change to another site and get used to it, instead of waiting for this to die out, if the marketing is so poor.

Ghast

Founding Father of Hypocrisy - https://artemis.ac
Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
It’s not dying actually. It’s currently on a peak.

MrAniman2

✯ Experienced Builder ✯
Premium
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
I personally have lost all hope that things will go up... I am still fond of this website as this was the place I started my MC carrier back in 2014 but Mick already stop caring about MCM long time ago and now most of his actions are just laughable honestly. There are many examples but the most recent one (as far as I know) was his reply regarding "Ip leak with embeded pictures", on what Mick replied "The proxy will be set up very soon, hopefully within the next few hours. We apologise for the delay in fixing this issue and would like to emphasise that user security is our top priority." but it appears the issue is still not properly fixed, "user security is our top priority" yeah right! This issue was known to staff already 6 months before it was made public but nothing was done to fix it. While Mick will run this website nothing will go up. In my opinion Justis R is the only person still holding it all together...when he leaves MCM will hit a new low. At this point I am honestly just waiting to see a decent competitor which will actually put some money and thought into advertising not like all those small websites who only setup xenforo and expect the community to go to them...

Regarding staff team... pay for that job is low and people who do it seems to me to be really undermotivated. While I agree with you that there are definitely some people in the community who could be better fit for staff role but ...most of those people understand their potential and don't want to waste their time on this job...

Gavin

GavinDuxbury.org
Banned
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
Gets public youtubers and thinks hes a marketer
Well I am working with archy and he sees myself as a marketer so I believe someone higher then most of us calls me that I can call myself that , this isn’t even the post for that .

blob

Supreme
Feedback score
Reactions
Resources
In all honesty, I haven't been on this site long (relatively speaking), and from what I have seen, I've seen some pretty bad staff. I'm not sure what they've done previous to my joining, but I agree that there should be events, and should compete against competitor sites.
It’s not dying actually. It’s currently on a peak.
It might be at peak, but there are alot of scammers, and not enough staff members. More mods, admins, and people to help around the site would be quite amazing. Add advertising and make this forum even more out there and we got a pretty good forum.

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.